Skymark GPS Pursuit Drone
QUICK START GUIDE / GPS CALIBRATION
Open area, free of trees and people, etc.
Check the weather, avoid precipitation or high winds
Double check all drone parts are in place and secure
*The drone will auto-trim to this level surface.
All lights blinking red
Press Up, then Down on the left joystick
Lights flashing blue (back) and white (front)
NOTE: *You can connect to the WiFi at this time to view the current drone status on the Promark GPS App, or wait until after GPS is calibrated
Press the Joysticks up and out to the 11 & 1 o’clock positions
Lights rapid-blinking blue (back) and white (front)
App Drone Status: “Gyroscope is being calibrated” “Gyroscope okay”
Joysticks up and in to the 1 & 11 o’clock positions
Lights rapid-alternate between blue/red (back) and white/red (front)
App Drone Status: “Compass calibration”
Keeping the drone level, pick up the drone from the back and rotate your body in one full circle (360°)
Back lights will turn to a solid blue
From the bottom, hold the drone face-down and rotate your body in one full circle (360°)
Front lights will turn to a solid white
App Drone Status: “Compass calibration okay”
Per FAA regulations, the drone height has been capped at 400ft above ground height.
Set drone back down to level surface.
Lights return to rapid-blinking blue (back) and white (front)
This means the drone is finalizing its GPS calibration*.
*This process can take a few minutes.
App Drone Status: “Waiting for GPS signal”
Blue (back) and white (front) lights are all solid (no blinking)
App Drone Status: “Ready to fly”
SECTION 1: Out of the Box / Assembly / Specifications
GPS Pursuit Drone
LED Lithium Battery
720p HD Camera
Blade Protectors (6)
Landing Racks (4)
Blade Caps (6)
Screws / Screwdriver
USB Charging Cable
The drone comes with the blades and legs pre-assembled; however, you will need to install the battery and blade guards before flying. To assemble, please watch this video.
- Insert the USB cable into the USB port of a standard 5V wall charger, and then connect with the micro-USB charging port on the battery. When charging, the indicator on the power blink blue; when fully charged, the indicator will be a solid blue.
- Full charging time takes about 6 hours, Flight time about 12 minutes.
CAUTIONS WHEN CHARGING:
- When charging, please put this product in a dry ventilated area and keep it far away from heat sources or flammable products.
- When charging, it is recommended to remove the batteries from the quadcopter. Charging process should be supervised by an adult so as not to cause an accident. The battery can also be charged while in the quadcopter.
- After flying, please do not charge the battery if the surface temperature is still warm. If the battery has been used for a long time, or appears to be swollen, please replace them.
- Please make sure that you use the original USB charging cable provided.
Any battery, when not in use for a long time, will lose its charge automatically. Charging or discharging too often may reduce the life of the battery.
Your Skymark GPS Pursuit Drone comes with extra blades, blade guards and landing racks. To repair these basic parts, please watch the video. Major repairs, including motors and GPS, must be done by a professional at your local drone or hobby store.
720p HD Wide-angle WiFi Camera with 90° articulation
No. Once you are connected to the Promark GPS App, all photos and videos will be stored directly onto your smartphone.
Micro SD Card Optional: The drone camera is capable of handling micro SD cards up to 32GB. Plug the SD card into the back of your drone; photos and videos will be automatically saved to the SD card
Per FAA regulations, the drone height has been capped at 400ft above ground height.
The maximum flight time is roughly 12-15 minutes depending on the speed and operation of the drone. The drone will lose power quickly in windy conditions.
Yes. The 7.4V 2,500mAh lithium-ion battery is rechargeable via the included Micro USB cord.
Using the Remote Control: up to 1640’ (500m)
If you fly the drone out of range or you lose connection, the drone will automatically return to its original takeoff spot (GPS must be on and calibrated). Note: Always keep the drone within range. Promark Drones and Import Marketing Solutions, Inc. are not responsible for loss or damage to the drone or other people from a result of the drone being flown out of range.
No. The drone will emit its own WiFi signal, enabling you to connect straight to your smartphone. However, WiFi is not needed to fly the drone if you are using the Remote Control, which has a 2.4 GHz connection.
This is a camera drone, and should not be retrofitted to carry any objects. Note: making any unapproved modifications to the drone will void the manufacturer’s warranty.
The Promark Manufacturer’s Warranty applies only to products purchased directly from the retailer for personal use. It offers protection from material and workmanship defects under normal use. It does not cover:
Damage caused by improper installation, incorrect use, or operation not in accordance with official instructions or manuals.
Damage caused by non-manufacturing factors, including but not limited to, pilot error, weather conditions, or interference.
Products that have been modified or disassembled.
Products that are lost or irretrievable, for any reason.
The warranty period is 3 months for motors, and 6 months for all other components. Customer must provide legal proof-of-purchase to be eligible for service under warranty.
SECTION 2: GPS Features
- The GPS (Global Positioning System) is a chip that enables the drone to recognize where it is positioned in the world. This feature enables GPS functions outlined below. NOTE: GPS needs to be calibrated for these features to work.
- GPS Positioning: The drone will hover in place, automatically readjusting for wind and air pressure. Just set the drone to its desired location and release your hands from the remote.
- GPS Return Home: When you are ready to complete your flight, simply click the Return Home button on your remote and the drone will fly back to its original takeoff area. Additionally, if you fly out of range or lose connection, the drone will automatically return to its original takeoff position.
- Geo-fencing: Geo-fencing is a GPS function that places an invisible fence around your drone, limiting its distance and height.
- Beginner Mode: Each drone comes set in beginner mode. This limits the max speed, height, and distance of the drone. This can be changed and saved in your Promark GPS app. See the Promark GPS App how-to video.
- Low Battery Geo-fence: When the drone battery falls below 20%, it will automatically return to a preset geo-fence, ensuring that it stays visible.
- Critical Battery Return: When the drone battery falls below 5%, the drone will automatically return to its original takeoff spot.
* NOTE: Use in open area and be mindful of your surroundings. Drone is NOT equipped with obstacle avoidance. Promark is not responsible for damage to persons or property due to operator error, or when drone is in Follow Me mode.
- Connect the drone to the Promark GPS app.
- Set the drone to your desired height and position. Make sure the camera is pointed in the desired direction and position.
- Click the Follow Me button on your remote or app screen.
- Wait for the Promark GPS app Drone Status to read “Follow Me ready” — the drone is now connected and ready to follow your smartphone.
- To disable, simply click on the Follow Me button to cancel.
This means that the phones GPS is too weak to connect to the drone. This could be due to signal loss from surrounding buildings, trees, or congestion from too many other mobile phones in the area. Be sure to use your drone in an open, unoccupied area.
SECTION 3: Promark VR App / Virtual Reality Streaming
Yes. You can stream live video from your drone direct to your smartphone
Yes! The Promark GPS aerial-photography app is free to download
You can either scan the QR code on the side of the box or search “Promark GPS” in your app store. Make sure to scan the appropriate code for your operating system (iOS and Android only).
- Download the Promark GPS app.
- Power on the drone.
- Open the WiFi settings on your phone and connect to “Promark GPS-XXXXXX” WiFi. Tip: you may need to reset your WiFi by turning it off and then back on again.
- Once connected, open the Promark VR app and press “Play”
- For VR streaming, click the “VR” button on the screen and place your phone into the Promark VR Goggles (included in the Promark GPS Shadow Drone).
The Promark GPS aerial-photography app is compatible with smartphones running iOS and Android operating systems.
At this time, the Promark GPS app is only compatible with smartphones running iOS or Android systems.
Real-time streaming refers to the drone’s ability to broadcast live video direct from the camera to your smartphone screen.
- Open the Promark GPS app and connect to your drone.
- Press the “VR” button to switch into VR mode (split screen)
- Place the phone into the Promark VR Goggles (included with the Promark GPS Shadow Drone) and close the front panel (you will hear an audible “snap”).
SECTION 4: Syncing your Remote Control
Follow the steps in the Quick Start Guide above, or watch the video
No. Some functions, such as auto take off, Return Home, and Follow Me can be controlled by your smartphone, but there is no directional control.
SECTION 5: Camera Operation / Exporting Photos & Video
Note: All camera functions are located on the top right corner of your remote control.
- Using the Remote Control: Click the “Camera Button.”
- Using your smartphone: Press the “Photo” button on the app screen.
Using the Remote Control: Click the “Video Button” to start recording. Click again to stop.
Using your smartphone: Press the “Video” button to start recording. Press again to stop
- Using the Remote Control: Toggle the “Angle” wheel up to articulate the camera up, and down to articulate the camera down.
- Using your smartphone: Unfortunately, you cannot articulate the camera using your smartphone.
- Open the Promark GPS app and press on the “Photos/Videos” section.
- Press on the “Photos” or “Videos” tab to view your photos or videos.
- Click on the photo or video or your choice to view.
- To save or export, click on the corresponding icon and follow the steps. Note: to save your videos to your phone, slide that video to the left to access the control screen.
When saving to your phone, that photo or video will be doubled up in your app. Tip: in order to save space on your phone, delete photos and videos off of your app after you have saved them to your phone. This will make sure that you are not doubling up on hard disk storage.
No. When saving a photo or video to your phone the Promark GPS is making a duplicate copy in your phone library. This means that once you have saved a photo or video to your phone, you can remove it from your app to conserve storage space.
SECTION 6: Basic In-flight Features
- Connect to the drone via your Remote Control and press the “Auto-Takeoff” button.
- To land your drone, press the “Auto-Land” button. Note: on the Remote Control, this is the same button as the Auto-Takeoff.
The left joystick is your throttle and rotate controls. Press Up/Down to control the throttle (height), or press the joystick Left/Right to rotate the drone in the corresponding direction.
The right joystick is your directional control. Press Up/Down to fly forward/backward, or Left/Right to fly the drone left/right.
Yes – toggle up/down on the “Speed” wheel on the remote control. Note: for beginners, it is recommended to start at a slower speed. In windy conditions, a higher speed is necessary.
Per the new FAA regulations, you must always keep drone in sight. When the drone has a low battery, all 4 lights will be flashing. When this happens, the drone will automatically return to its low-battery geo-fence. Tip: buy spare batteries and switch out for extended flight time. You can buy spare batteries here.
The drone has an auto-shut off upon impact. You will need to reset after crash landing. To do this, follow the steps in the Quick Start Guide.
To reset, follow the steps in the Quick Start Guide.
- Double-check that your GPS is turned on and calibrated. To do this, turn the drone off, remove the battery for 10 seconds, plug it back in and follow the steps in the Quick Start Guide.
- The drone auto-trims before each takeoff. This means that the drone must be placed on a FLAT SURFACE before flight. Note: If the drone is place at an angle while auto-trimming, it will automatically pull in that direction while in flight.
- Yes, to immediately stop all function on your drone, press and hold the “Takeoff/Landing” button on the remote control, or press the “Emergency” button if using smartphone control.
- Note: using the emergency stop will kill all power to the drone engines, and will cause your drone to immediately fall to the ground. The drone’s warranty does not cover damage occurred from using the Emergency Stop feature.
SECTION 7: Advanced In-flight Features
- Place the drone in front of you before taking off. Note: the drone must be facing forward (away) from you.
- Press the “Headless Mode” button on the remote control.
- You are now ready to fly in headless mode! Press the one-button takeoff to initiate flight.
The Headless Mode feature locks the directional control of right joystick – this means that no matter what direction your drone camera is facing, pressing Up on the joystick will push the drone forward (away from you), and Down will bring it back.
SECTION 8: Repair / Reset
The drone has an auto-shut off upon impact. You will need to reset after crash landing. To do this, please follow the steps in the Quick Start Guide.
We have created videos that demonstrate how to make drone repairs. Please find them here.
SECTION 9: Safety, Weather & Location Tips
- Always stay 2-3 meters away from the drone while in-flight.
- Always keep drone in sight – this is an FAA regulation.
- Never get the drone wet – this will void your manufacturer’s warranty.
- All major repairs must be done by a professional.
Remember: This drone is rated for ages 14+ and is not a toy, all drone actions, including operation, repair and charging, should be done under adult supervision.
- Be mindful of high wind / inclement weather – do not fly in the rain, snow, or high wind.
- Use higher speeds in wind for better control.
- Mind all local, state, and federal FAA regulations regarding approved flight locations.
- Do not fly by any airport or other restricted airspace.
- Select a location without buildings, trees, or groups of people.
- Select a location free of radio towers, wireless routers, or any large metal structures.
- Don’t fly over water – getting the drone wet will void your manufacturer’s warranty.
- Avoid take-off from dirty or dusty areas. Debris can become lodged inside the motors causing them to seize.
- Not recommended for indoor use.
Per FAA regulations, drones are permitted for daylight-only operations, or civil twilight (30 minutes before official sunrise to 30 minutes after official sunset, local time).
SECTION 10: FAA Regulations
It is important to always stay up-to-date on all rules and regulations provided by the FAA. Click here or copy and paste the following link to access the FAA website: https://www.faa.gov/uas/
According to current (as of 8/11/17) FAA regulations, you no longer need to register your aircraft if it weighs between 0.55 lbs. (250 grams) and up to 55 lbs. (25 kg).
1.5 lbs (664g)
Copy and paste the following link to access the FAA registration website: https://registermyuas.faa.gov/
The FAA is continually reviewing and updating their policies and regulations on drones. Promark Drones and Import Marketing Solutions, Inc. are not responsible for updating pilots on new regulations, or for pilot’s actions or use of Promark Drones products and/or accessories, nor are Promark Drones or Import Marketing Solutions, Inc. responsible for any potential injuries or legal repercussions resulting from pilot’s actions or use of Promark Drones products and accessories.